Monday, August 18, 2008

Spiritual Gifts- Sermon notes

SERMON NOTES- August 17, 2008- “Spiritual Gifts”
1 Corinthians 12


1. There is a HOLY SPIRIT!

a. Acts 19- Ephesians did not know there was a Holy Spirit- Do we?
b. God is TRINITY- When Jesus was crucified and raised, he ascended and there was this sending forth of the Holy Spirit which made the disciples into the church- the Holy Spirit is God making a difference in our lives and in other’s lives


2. The CHURCH is the BODY OF CHRIST!

a. DIVERSITY- God must love diversity; he sure made a lot of it- We are different
b. ONE BODY- but we are one in the Spirit


3. EVERYONE is a MINISTER!

a. GIFTS- Spiritual Gifts are listed in the Bible I Corinthians 12; Romans 12
b. MINISTRY- each Christian has gifts and a ministry


4. The PURPOSE of EACH GIFT is:

a. To Build up the Body of Christ
b. To give glory to God
c. LOVE- This is the most important gift



5. What can I do?

a. Spiritual Gifts Inventory – made available to the congregation- please take it
b. Pray about God’s Will
c. Share it with someone- Share you gift with Sunday School Class or someone
d. Learn, grow, move out- Do the ministry that God is calling you to do with the gifts God has given and is giving you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Thanks for checking out my blog. I'm new to this, as you can probably see. But, I, like you, have convictions and ideas worth sharing. I hope this will be an opportunity to connect with others who are Christian and/or religious. I am happily United Methodist. I am committed to the basic teachings of our church, and to the compassionate outreach to the world.

I hope these pastoral ponderings will generate something in you that is hopeful.
Blessings!
Dave

Blog Archive

About Me

A graduate of Newberry College and Duke University Divinity School.  I have served as a pastor in the United Methodist Church since 1975.

The Sea of Galilee

The Sea of Galilee
There was an error in this gadget